If you actively participate in sports or do exercises regularly, then you can get sports injuries anytime. Children are particularly at a higher risk of getting this injury, but it is common among adults too. You are likely to get a sports injury, if:-
- You haven’t been very active lately.
- You do not warm up before you start exercising.
- You are into contact sports.
There are different sports injuries and the treatment depends on the type of injury you are suffering from. The common ones are sprains, strains, knee injuries, swollen muscles, fractures, dislocations, Achilles tendon rupture, and rotator cuff injury.
Sports injury clinic in Worthing would first analyse the type of injury that you have incurred, and based on the results, they might offer one of the following treatment options:-
These treatments will only work on mild injuries and should be done 24 to 36 hours after the injury. It helps to reduce swelling and also alleviate any pain and bruising. You can also get prescription medicines and over-the-counter medications to treat sports-related injuries. Most of these methods would provide you with some relief from both pain and swelling.
However, if your injury feels really severe, you should contact doctors at a renowned sports injury clinic in Worthing. They would conduct a thorough checkup before deciding if you need any physical therapy or surgery.
These are some of the most common rehabilitation exercises that you should do if any part of your body has got injured:-
- Free weight exercises using dumbbells and weights
- Resistance bands
- Foam rollers
- Swiss gym balls
- Plyometric exercises
- Resistance machine exercises with equipment
You should always consult a professional before starting any exercise regime post your sports injury. The exercises might put stress on your muscles and bones, worsening the situation. So set up a daily exercise regime after consulting with the experts.
One of the best ways to prevent sports-related injuries is by warming up and stretching your body properly. The cold muscles are likely to overstretch and tear. Warm muscles, on the other hand, are quite flexible and hence they can perform movements, bends, etc., quickly without any injuries.
Some tips to prevent sports injuries are:-
- Learn the proper technique before you start exercising or playing sports. This will help you to prevent injuries.
- Always wear the right shoes and use proper equipment to do your exercises, or else it might lead to severe injuries.
- If you have got an injury or feel a lot of pain while exercising, do not push your body to overdo in such situations. Take time for your body to recover, and then start with your regime.
Sports are exercises that are all about going slow and steady. If you put too much stress on your body or muscles, you will end up hurting yourself.